[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 quick dial

Christopher Lee chris at datachaos.com.au
Wed Feb 4 07:29:03 MST 2004

Absolutely no argument from me on that front, hands down the Cisco 7940/7960
are a damn good IP phone, and compared to the existing Norstar handsets we
have, a far better phone overall.

The handsfree functionality on the Cisco's is truly awesome, the mic pickup
and clarity is far better than the Norstar and people can barely tell the
difference between talking to them on handsfree or picking up the handpiece.

Definitely worth every dollar, although I wouldn't say no to them lowering
the price, which they appear to have done with the introduction of the 7970.

The next phone I want to get is a Cisco 7920 WiFi... although once again,
they're on the exy side, I'm sure they'll also be well worth it.
Unfortunately they aren't available in Australia yet, hopefully not too far
off.