[Asterisk-Users] Need knowledgeable comments, bug 981 and dual redirect

Matt Lawson matt at 1control.com
Wed Feb 4 14:24:33 MST 2004

It seems I'm not the only one that's had a difficult time with the "dual
party redirect".  i.e. You have a connected call and you want to
redirect both ends of the call into a meetme room (presumably because
you're going to add more people).

AFAIK, the only way to do it is using the "ExtraChannel" feature with
Action: Redirect (it needs to be done from the management interface in
my case, assume the user cannot use his phone's conference feature).

Up until a cvs update about 2 days ago, I would have intermittent
crashes with this ("ExtraChannel in transfer causes crash").  The most
recent cvs hasn't shown me a crash so far but exhibits the bugs in #981

Can someone knowledgeable about masquerading shed some light on this
(I've tried to follow the code but it's pretty confusing, what with all
the zombies and AsyncGoto's and p->pvt->pvt's, whose meaning eludes me):

1.  Is there a better way to accomplish the dual-redirect using only the
management interface?

2.  Is Masquerading used for anything other than this feature?

3.  Is the masquerading code going to remain in Asterisk (comments
suggest that it's some sort of temporary hack)

4.  Is there a flowchart or description anywhere of what states the
channels are supposed to transition through during masquerading and dual
redirect?

I'm willing to try to diagnose it but it's just really confusing.  I was
hoping that someone who really knew how this works could give some words
of wisdom before I am pulled into what will probably be a very
time-consuming task.

Thanks,

Matt