[Asterisk-Users] Integrating with an existing PBX

Barton Hodges barton at gcmcomputers.com
Wed Feb 4 14:39:55 MST 2004

I have successfully setup several standalone Asterisk systems and they
work great.  I have the opportunity to integrate Asterisk with an
existing Toshiba CHSUB672A PBX.  I believe that the way I should
connect the systems is through a T1 interface on the Toshiba, and a
T100P on the Asterisk box like such:

|-------------|              |----------|
| Toshiba PBX |(T1)---(T100P)| asterisk |(eth0)---(Wireless)---Phone

Does this seem correct?  I am not familiar with proprietary PBX
systems, and I need to determine if the Toshiba has a T1 interface.
Their website describes the CTX670 as having one but does not have any
information about the CHSUB672A.  What is the best avenue for
obtaining additional information about the PBX (such as it's features
and configuration methods) since I don't have any documentation on it?

Thanks a bunch,

Barton