[Asterisk-Users] Dialling Hook Flash on Zaptel

David Gomillion dgomillion at eyecarenow.com
Tue Feb 3 10:33:24 MST 2004

Steven Critchfield wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 09:53, David Gomillion wrote:
>> Steven Critchfield wrote:

>> [snip]
>>> The problem with your example is that a flash must be executed after
>>> you have a channel since otherwise there is no offhook event to then
>>> be toggled by the on then off hook, you just would be off hook.
>>> Second, look at the documentation for flash and you will see that
>>> the flash command doesn't accept a argument.
>>>
>>> As to how to actually accomplish what you want, I don't know how.
>>
>> since you're connecting an X100P to a Norstar PBX, maybe immediate
>> mode would work?  I'm not sure how well that would work with a SIP
>> client like you were talking about...
>
> Not to flame, you but you really need to work on those critical
> reading skills. The example message that was quoted till you trimmed
> it had IAX2 as the VoIP not SIP.

Does it matter?  It's VoIP.  The concept is the same: I didn't know if it
could be done in VoIP, and I was reading a few messages about SIP.  Forgive
me, this will be my last message to the user's list.

> Next, Immediate mode only is of use when you have dialed, or been
> dialed. We are still in the state of not having dialed and therefore
> selected a outbound line.

what about something like this?  NOTE: THIS IS NOT WORKING CODE.  It is an
idea, a concept.  If you want to try it to make it work, then you will have
to build on this.

exten => _*XX,1,Dial(Zap/1/1)  (dials a 1 on the outgoing zap interface,
probably needs a short timeout)
exten => _*XX,2,Flash()
exten => _*XX,3,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN})

The flash is probably on the wrong side, as I look at it more closely.  This
will probably send the flash to your VoIP client.  But maybe you could look
into scripting with AGI.

>> How often do your speed dials change?  If it's not very often, maybe
>> you should recreate it in *.  You could have an extension which
>> sends you into a context that asks for the speed dial code.  You
>> could then key it in, and it would send you where you want to go.
>> Not elegant, but it might be good enough.
>
> This is probably the only useful suggestion, and most likely the only
> one to work.

And with that, I bid the fair Asterisk-User's list a farewell, at least for
posting.  I will now become one of the countless other leaches who give
nothing back to the community.  It was good to get help, and I tried to help
others out, but I have a lot better things to do than spend my time helping
others only to get flamed every time I turn around.

You need to remember that we're all volunteers.  I will only take it in the
teeth so many times before I say goodbye.

Go ahead and rip me a new one.  Have fun.  Rant, rave, call me stupid.  Tell
me I have no value, and that I contribute nothing.  The more you say it, the
more accurate it becomes.