[Asterisk-Users] Dialling Hook Flash on Zaptel

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Feb 3 09:37:23 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 09:53, David Gomillion wrote:
> Steven Critchfield wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 06:59, Christopher Lee wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm trying to get my X100P to Dial the following sequence to gain
> >> access to speed dial numbers on my Norstar PBX that the X100 is
> >> connected to...
> [snip]
> > The problem with your example is that a flash must be executed after
> > you have a channel since otherwise there is no offhook event to then
> > be toggled by the on then off hook, you just would be off hook.
> > Second, look at the documentation for flash and you will see that the
> > flash command doesn't accept a argument.
> >
> > As to how to actually accomplish what you want, I don't know how.
>
> since you're connecting an X100P to a Norstar PBX, maybe immediate mode
> would work?  I'm not sure how well that would work with a SIP client like
> you were talking about...

Not to flame, you but you really need to work on those critical reading
skills. The example message that was quoted till you trimmed it had IAX2
as the VoIP not SIP.

Next, Immediate mode only is of use when you have dialed, or been
dialed. We are still in the state of not having dialed and therefore
selected a outbound line.

> How often do your speed dials change?  If it's not very often, maybe you
> should recreate it in *.  You could have an extension which sends you into a
> context that asks for the speed dial code.  You could then key it in, and it
> would send you where you want to go.  Not elegant, but it might be good
> enough.

This is probably the only useful suggestion, and most likely the only
one to work.