[Asterisk-Users] Dialling Hook Flash on Zaptel

David Gomillion dgomillion at eyecarenow.com
Tue Feb 3 08:53:24 MST 2004

Steven Critchfield wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 06:59, Christopher Lee wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to get my X100P to Dial the following sequence to gain
>> access to speed dial numbers on my Norstar PBX that the X100 is
>> connected to...
[snip]
> The problem with your example is that a flash must be executed after
> you have a channel since otherwise there is no offhook event to then
> be toggled by the on then off hook, you just would be off hook.
> Second, look at the documentation for flash and you will see that the
> flash command doesn't accept a argument.
>
> As to how to actually accomplish what you want, I don't know how.

since you're connecting an X100P to a Norstar PBX, maybe immediate mode
would work?  I'm not sure how well that would work with a SIP client like
you were talking about...

I had some similar problems with the X100P and our ATA-2.  I also couldn't
ever get the Nortel to recognize the DTMF, or get Asterisk to recognize DTMF
coming through the Nortel.  I wish I could say that I figured out a really
cool way to make it work, but instead I moved on and interconnected via
PRIs.

How often do your speed dials change?  If it's not very often, maybe you
should recreate it in *.  You could have an extension which sends you into a
context that asks for the speed dial code.  You could then key it in, and it
would send you where you want to go.  Not elegant, but it might be good
enough.