[Asterisk-Users] cisco 7912 voicemail/dnd issue

Lele Forzani lele at windmill.it
Tue Feb 3 04:15:08 MST 2004

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 11:36, Swen Veckes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I playing around with some C7912 IP phones (SIP FW).
> They work nice with asterisk, but I found the following issue:
>
>  o When I configure the voicemail number (8500) to access VM
>    I can push the "messages" button on the phone to access my VM
>
>  o The phone can setup DND and call redirection on NA and BUSY
>
>  o MWI is also working fine ;-)
>
> But in this case the call will be transfered to 8500 which doesn't
> make sense, as I cannot leave a message there.
> Configuring call redirect via asterisk works fine of course.

Having exactly the same problem with 7905. In addition it doesn't seem you can
disable (at least on my sip fw release) the redirect-to-vm-on-busy feature.

Whenever the phone has the VM number configured (and people like the
"messages" button, sadly) it sends out "302" messages for the vm number when
it's busy, regardless of any other config setting, which is _very_ bad for
queues and acd.

I had to do a quick modification to chan_sip denying redirects to the (magic
hardcoded) vm number.

Hope for a new release where you can either set the vm, vm-listen separately,
or at least disable the redirect "feature".

lele