AW: [Asterisk-Users] cisco 7912 voicemail/dnd issue

Swen Veckes s.veckes at de.kddi.com
Tue Feb 3 05:10:20 MST 2004

> Having exactly the same problem with 7905. In addition it doesn't
> seem you can
> disable (at least on my sip fw release) the
> redirect-to-vm-on-busy feature.

Yes, that's right, only the value for no answer can be changed (set to
high value == disable).

> Whenever the phone has the VM number configured (and people like the
> "messages" button, sadly) it sends out "302" messages for the vm
> number when
> it's busy, regardless of any other config setting, which is
> _very_ bad for
> queues and acd.
>
> I had to do a quick modification to chan_sip denying redirects to
> the (magic
> hardcoded) vm number.
>
> Hope for a new release where you can either set the vm, vm-listen
> separately,
> or at least disable the redirect "feature".
>
> lele

Actually I think of a soultion like changeing the VM app to be canceld when
dialing
"*" and one can enter the vm and pin to access his messages otherwhise just
leave
a message. So I don't need to deal with different VMNo. for one user.
But no glue how to make it ;(

:wq swen