[Asterisk-Users] Automated Dialing / Recording ?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Feb 2 12:48:01 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 13:06, Rick Smith wrote:
> We have 1000's of Remote Call Forward #'s across the USA / Canada, which
> forward into 1000's of 800 #'s in our call center.
>
> Is it possible to automate a solution where Asterisk could dial a given
> number, record the first 3 seconds of the call, save it to disk, and
> then go on to the next number, and just do this all day long ?
>
> We need to regularly check that the numbers work, for billing and
> payment purposes as well as operational purposes, and I thought this
> would be the perfect situation !

Yeah, you can do that, but what help will the recorded files be? Seems
that if you are wanting to be sure a forward functioned, you would want
some form of positive feedback.

Anyways, you could create a context that had an absolutetimeout then
dumped to a monitor app, then the timeout would hangup for you. Combine
that with the sample.call files to dial out and then dump to this
context and your done.