[Asterisk-Users] Automated Dialing / Recording ?

Rick Smith rick at rtps.net
Mon Feb 2 12:06:01 MST 2004

We have 1000's of Remote Call Forward #'s across the USA / Canada, which
forward into 1000's of 800 #'s in our call center.

Is it possible to automate a solution where Asterisk could dial a given
number, record the first 3 seconds of the call, save it to disk, and
then go on to the next number, and just do this all day long ?

We need to regularly check that the numbers work, for billing and
payment purposes as well as operational purposes, and I thought this
would be the perfect situation !

Thanks,

Rick