[Asterisk-Users] Automated Dialing / Recording ?

C. Maj cmaj at freedomcorpse.info
Mon Feb 2 13:03:31 MST 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Rick Smith waxed:

> We have 1000's of Remote Call Forward #'s across the USA / Canada, which
> forward into 1000's of 800 #'s in our call center.
>
> Is it possible to automate a solution where Asterisk could dial a given
> number, record the first 3 seconds of the call, save it to disk, and
> then go on to the next number, and just do this all day long ?
>
> We need to regularly check that the numbers work, for billing and
> payment purposes as well as operational purposes, and I thought this
> would be the perfect situation !

Sounds like a great project for *.  Only thing I would
question is listening to those first 3 seconds.  If your
intent is to listen for some sort of voice/data in that 3
seconds, that's a lot of sitting around and just listening
to 3 seconds.  Probably would want a solution that would do
some sort of automatic sampling of the recordings, running
another app over them to detect noise.

Besides that, you just need to create a bunch of
'sample.call' files, and place them in
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/ to dial the numbers.  Make
sure they connect to an extension tho, and not directly to
an application.  Heck, you could just check CDR logs to see
if the calls went through, for a first "trial run" of the
system.

--Chris

--

Chris Maj <cmaj_hat_freedomcorpse_hot_info>
Pronunciation Guide:  Maj == May