[Asterisk-Users] Doubts about the Monitoring command

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Thu Dec 30 06:12:02 MST 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Guild Jackson wrote:

> Hearing the sent file with a handset, without
> recording, I listen a deteriorated file different from
> the recorded one.
> My question is:
> Is asterisk able to detect the packet loss and modify
> the file recorded in a such way that compensate this
> packet loss?
> How can I get the file recorded as I hear in the
> handset,ie , with the deteriorated audio?

Hi,

Asterisk just dumps the arriving audio into the Monitor file as it comes -
IE missing packets just disappear.  This accounts for the speedp and the
"different" distortion.

Steve Kann has been working on a generic jitter-buffer with
packet-loss-concealment.  Once that's in Asterisk it will facilitate
changing this Monitor behaviour so it records the reconstructed stream
rather than the raw frames.

Steve