[Asterisk-Users] Doubts about the Monitoring command

Guild Jackson guildjackson at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 04:33:42 MST 2004

Hi all,

I have some doubts concerning the way asterisk records
calls using the Monitor command.
I ´ve done some jitter and packet loss tests in a such
way that, from asterisk 1, I send a file to asterisk 2
and record this file in asterisk 2 using the Monitor
command. To simulate the jitter and packet loss, I use
the  Cloud software, so with that one, I can "control"
the jitter and packet loss to any value I want, and
simulate the network characteristics I could have in a
real network.
Setting the cloud with 25 % of packet loss only,
without jitter, I ´ve got the file recorded, in
asterisk 2, with a kind of acceleration, ie, this file
plays a bit faster than the original file sent from
asterisk 1 to asterisk 2.
Hearing the sent file with a handset, without
recording, I listen a deteriorated file different from
the recorded one.
My question is:
Is asterisk able to detect the packet loss and modify
the file recorded in a such way that compensate this
packet loss?
How can I get the file recorded as I hear in the
handset,ie , with the deteriorated audio?

Thanks and best regards