[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk and Capi

Aldo Bergamini aab.lists at nb-a.com
Thu Dec 30 04:34:18 MST 2004

Bruno Hertz is believed to have said:

>Hi Aldo
>
>don't know about Suse, but I have a working setup with asterisk 1-0
>stable, chan_capi 0.3.5 and fcpci-suse9.1-3.11-02 on Debian Sarge,
>though not prepackaged but all self compiled.
>
>Looking at your log messages, chan_capi obviously is installed, but the
>load of app_capiCD.so fails due to an undefined symbol capidebug.

[...]

>So either your modules.conf is messed up, or there's a problem with the
>chan_capi package itself, which you should then report to Suse.
>
>But take a look at your modules.conf. I myself have autoload enabled, and
>all works automagically. Maybe you have it disabled, and the module load
>order is affected by this .... ?
>
>Also, you can check if you like wether the symbol is actually defined in
>chan_capi.so:
># nm chan_capi.so | grep capidebug
>00010720 B capidebug
>
>If you see a 'U' instead of a 'B' there, your chan_capi package is messy.
>
>Regards, Bruno.

Bruno,

thanks for your hints!

They were precious as I could easily trace the state of my box. The
drivers were OK, but I was loading other ISDN drivers on the one hand and
missing the config file for chan_capi.

Quite a messy situation.

So I looked into the wiki and the example file from the chan_capi driver
and came up with a neutral config file.

Now my box happily reports to see the Fritz! card, with the two B
channels sitting idle (I am away from the office and just did send the
updated config files to the unconnected box to see if they were the right
approach..).

So thanks again for the hints (and have a fine new year)

Aldo