[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk, she no hang uppa the phone!

Wed Dec 29 16:22:08 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 09:32, Lane wrote:
> I've been working on the local side of asterisk for several days, and I have
> the in-house dial plan pretty well corn fingered to my satisfaction.
>
> Today I began working on the other side to make asterisk do things like place
> an outgoing call to PSTN and route an incoming call from PSTN.
>
> I'm using a TDM11B with a single fxs and a single fxo.  My analog handset is
> plugged into the port that gives me the dailtone (stil can't keep it straight
> if that's fxo or fxs, but I get a dialtone and can call extensions corn
> fingered in extensions.conf)
>
> But when I dial 9NXXXXXX I see this on the console:
>
>     -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
>     -- Called 4/2234791
>     -- Zap/4-1 answered Zap/1-1
>     -- Attempting native bridge of Zap/1-1 and Zap/4-1
>
> After several moments I hear a crackly version of the "Hey Stoopid!  You left
> the phone off the hook!"  (Anybody know what that signal is really called?
> the one that beeps real fast and real loud?) So I hang up the handset and I
> see:
>
>     -- Hungup 'Zap/4-1'
>     -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'
>
> But if I pick up another handset on the same line that asterisk is plugged
> into, I still hear the "Hey Stoopid!" signal.
>
> So then I unplug asterisk, wait a moment, check that the dialtone has
> returned, plug 'er back up and dail in from my cell phone ...
>
> And she no pick uppa the phone!
>
> And no information is recorded on the console.
>
> I think maybe I have defined signalling improperly in zapata.conf (fxs_ks),
> but I dunno where I can get more info on the proper signalling.

I found the same problem when trying to use a X100P connecting to an
analog line from another PBX (NEC something). I never did get it to
work, though it was about a year ago... Mark logged in, but AFAICT,
never did much (got interrupted with other things).
Recently I noticed that specific X100P card, one of the resistors 'legs'
is broken and so not properly connected to the card. I don't feel up to
re-soldering something like that though... It's been too long since I've
tried to solder anything, and even back then, most of the time I just
screwed things up more anyway....

So, it could be a faulty FXO module (my first suspect), or, it could be
incorrect config (I've never seen that happen though), or, it could be a
really weird PSTN connection. What is at the other end of your FXO ??

Regards,
Adam