[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk, she no hang uppa the phone!

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Wed Dec 29 16:27:00 MST 2004

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 16:50, C F wrote:
> I don't know anything about the other problems, but the heysupid is
> because * is dialing too fast change the command to:
> exten => whatever,whatever, Dial(zap/g1/ww2234791)
> this will insert a pause of half a second for each w before dialing.
>
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:32:40 -0600, Lane <lane at joeandlane.com> wrote:
> > I've been working on the local side of asterisk for several days, and I
> > have the in-house dial plan pretty well corn fingered to my satisfaction.
> >
> > Today I began working on the other side to make asterisk do things like
> > place an outgoing call to PSTN and route an incoming call from PSTN.
> >
> > I'm using a TDM11B with a single fxs and a single fxo.  My analog handset
> > is plugged into the port that gives me the dailtone (stil can't keep it
> > straight if that's fxo or fxs, but I get a dialtone and can call
> > extensions corn fingered in extensions.conf)
> >
> > But when I dial 9NXXXXXX I see this on the console:
> >
> >     -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
> >     -- Called 4/2234791
> >     -- Zap/4-1 answered Zap/1-1
> >     -- Attempting native bridge of Zap/1-1 and Zap/4-1
> >
> > After several moments I hear a crackly version of the "Hey Stoopid!  You
> > left the phone off the hook!"  (Anybody know what that signal is really
> > called? the one that beeps real fast and real loud?) So I hang up the
> > handset and I see:
> >
> >     -- Hungup 'Zap/4-1'
> >     -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'
> >
> > But if I pick up another handset on the same line that asterisk is
> > plugged into, I still hear the "Hey Stoopid!" signal.
> >
> > So then I unplug asterisk, wait a moment, check that the dialtone has
> > returned, plug 'er back up and dail in from my cell phone ...
> >
> > And she no pick uppa the phone!
> >
> > And no information is recorded on the console.
> >
> > I think maybe I have defined signalling improperly in zapata.conf
> > (fxs_ks), but I dunno where I can get more info on the proper signalling.
> >
> > Here's [channels] from zapata.conf:
> >
> > context=default
> > switchtype=national
> > signalling=fxo_ks
> > channel=1               ; this is the one I plug my handset into
> > signalling=fxs_ks
> > channel=4               ; this is the line from the wall
> >
> > ; the rest I just left from the installation conf file.  As I read
> > through it ; I realize that I don't have call waiting, callerid,
> > threewaycalling or any ; of that crap ... but I DO use tone dialing, not
> > pulse ... AND I've slept at ; Holiday Inn!
> >
> > rxwink=300
> > usecallerid=yes
> > hidecallerid=no
> > callwaiting=yes
> > usecallingpres=yes
> > callwaitingcallerid=yes
> > threewaycalling=yes
> > transfer=yes
> > cancallforward=yes
> > callreturn=yes
> > echocancel=yes
> > echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> > rxgain=0.0
> [...]
Nah, that didn't do it.  She still pick up and act like she gonna dial ... but
then she just forgets, or something :)

But the "w" is a pretty cool trick, nonetheless.

Is it possible to insert the "w" into ${EXTEN}?  like, just for
troubleshooting purposes, if you wanted to "eavesdrop" on the outgoing call
to verify the digits, or something.  How would you make a call like
"95551212" be expanded to "ww5ww5ww5ww1ww2ww1ww2" ?  Or can you?

What sort of change would you make to the default [trunklocal] context from
extensions.conf?

[trunklocal]
;
; Local seven-digit dialing accessed through trunk interface
;
exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN:${TRUNKMSD}})
exten => _9NXXXXXX,2,PlayBack(vm-dialout)
exten => _9NXXXXXX,3,Congestion

How do you insert the "w" into ${EXTEN;${TRUNKMSD}} ?

thanks,

lane