[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with T1

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Tue Dec 28 08:29:14 MST 2004

ravi at mtsmarketplace.com wrote:

>     We are moving to a new building late in January and I have been tasked with
> the job of setting up the phone system. I have ordered a full T-1 for voice and
> am considering using Asterisk as the PBX. I have a Dell PowerEdge 2650 that I
> can use for Asterisk. I have also looked at some T1 cards from Digium to go
> with this but I am not sure which one to pick. Can somebody provide me with
> quick answers/pointers regarding the type of T1 card I should buy, signalling,
> framing etc, configuring the DIDs on Asterisk etc that I should give to my
> provider and any other stuff that I should be looking at. The provider wants
> details quickly and being the holiday season I can't seem to get quick answers.

For a single T-1, you want either a T100P or a TE110P, whichever Digium
is shipping now. You want your T-1 configured as an ISDN PRI using NI-2
signaling, with the T-1 loop in ESF framing and B8ZS line coding.

As far as configuring the DIDs in Asterisk, you will need to learn the
Asterisk dialplan system (extensions.conf). The wiki contains lots of
information about that, so you should start there and come back here
when you can ask more specific questions :-)