[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with T1

ravi at mtsmarketplace.com ravi at mtsmarketplace.com
Tue Dec 28 08:05:09 MST 2004

Hi,
    We are moving to a new building late in January and I have been tasked with
the job of setting up the phone system. I have ordered a full T-1 for voice and
am considering using Asterisk as the PBX. I have a Dell PowerEdge 2650 that I
can use for Asterisk. I have also looked at some T1 cards from Digium to go
with this but I am not sure which one to pick. Can somebody provide me with
quick answers/pointers regarding the type of T1 card I should buy, signalling,
framing etc, configuring the DIDs on Asterisk etc that I should give to my
provider and any other stuff that I should be looking at. The provider wants
details quickly and being the holiday season I can't seem to get quick answers.

Thanks

Ravi Ramamirtham