[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with T1

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Tue Dec 28 08:31:50 MST 2004

Well, according to Digium, they don't support T1 data mode on their cards.
The reason for this stems from the fact that you have to do a kernel
recompile to add in HDLC support; it is not present in standard RH/FC
install.

A gentleman by the name of

David Mandelstam
Sangoma Technologies Corporation
email:     dm at sangoma.com
web:       www.sangoma.com
Tel:       905-474-1990 x 106
           800-388-2475 x 106
FAX:       905-474-9223

says his companies cards work perfectly with asterisk and apparently don't
need a kernel recompile. He also said he would provide full support for any
configuration.

I'm currently using a T100P in PRI mode and it works great. I'm going to do
a kernel recompile tonight and see if I can get T1 data mode to work. I've
recieved instructions from Digium via email on how to do it. If all
successful then I'll post on the Wiki.

-Matthew