[Asterisk-Users] Comdial PBX -- can use Asterisk as VM box?

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Mon Dec 27 08:53:12 MST 2004

steve szmidt wrote:
> If you terminate the T's in the Asterisk box and then put patch cables between
> the Asterisk box and your Comdial, you can probably accomplish these things.
>
> You might need to detect what your Comdial does to talk to a VM system and
> then configure Asterisk to answer properly.

What's the best way to figure this out? I'm looking to replace a VM that
talks to a phone system over analog lines and a Dialogic card.

I am guessing the phone system rings the voicemail(phone system provides
dial tone), but I'm not sure how extensions and digits are being used to
make the rest of the features work. Is there an application I can use to
listen on a line for flashes, digits, callerid, and did-type info?

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/