[Asterisk-Users] RedAlarm (t100p - Adtran Total Access 750)

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Dec 23 12:36:15 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 13:53 -0500, Brent Franks wrote:
> [...]

When you take a moment to look over your logic above, you will see you
are trying to explain the same thing with both entries.

A timing of zero is to ignore line timing and generate your own. The
channel bank would then use the line timing to sync itself.

A timing of non zero is to pick up timing from the line in lessening
priority as the numbers increase.

You would want to set a timing of 1 if you are connecting the span to a
PSTN provider or some hardware connected to the PSTN. You would set
other non zero timings for other PSTN touching lines. Only put a zero in
place if you already have timing or if you are sending to a non PSTN
connected device.