[Asterisk-Users] RedAlarm (t100p - Adtran Total Access 750)

Brent Franks mwless at mindworks.net
Thu Dec 23 11:53:37 MST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of TC
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 1:29 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] RedAlarm (t100p - Adtran Total Access 750)

> Why would you say channel banks should sync with asterisk box ?
> I would advoate that the highest quality timing source should be the souce
> Of timing, ie which source has the most accurate crystal or what source
> has the highest stratum rating ?

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my e-mail.

The documentation doesn't really explain it that well.

This is what I have picked up from the conversation:

Using these settings, The T100P would get Clock Sync from itself.  It would
use its own timing.

span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs

Using these settings, the Channel Bank will receive clock sync from the
t100p.

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs

Sorry for my stupidity, and it seems as this thread always comes up about
once a year, however it really hasn't been fully explained.  It just seems
as if there is only two methods of operation.  Either don't use the span as
a timing source (e.g. the CB and t100P provide their own timing, or the
other method, the T100P provides clock sync.)  Is it possible for the
Channel Bank to retrieve clock sync from T100P?

Thanks,

- Brent