[Asterisk-Users] Ouch, part reset, quickly

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Wed Dec 22 17:51:10 MST 2004

No the card does not have to ring 20 phones at the same time.  At least in
North America, the ring cycle is 6 seconds, 2 seconds on, 4 seconds off.
Stagger the ON between the ports, you can divide the 4 ports by three and
you really only have at the most two ports ringing at once or 10 phones.

I think this error message says the ringing load was too high.  Like the
ring is grounded(or high resistance short to ground).  Not enough to draw
dialtone, but enough to overload ringing or trip the ringing when it's
applied.

Lyle