[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk Crackly Bad quality

Keith O'Brien keitheobrien at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 20:26:37 MST 2004

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-RTP+Silence+Suppression

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-August/018670.html

So I am confused.  The first says that VAD is supported in RTP.  Ok, I know
that.   The second is kinda ambiguous and seems to imply that * doesn't
support VAD.  I think it does now as there is a VAD=yes option in SIP.conf.

Either way since IAX doesn't use RTP both statements are probably not
relevant.  Does * support VAD with IAX?  If so can it be turned on and off
in IAX??  Does anyone know definitively??   I really like to turn it off and
just send packet continuously.   Should I file a bug (feature request)??

Keith