[Asterisk-Users] modprobe wcfxo crashes my IBM NetFinity5000 after few seconds

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sat Dec 18 13:50:07 MST 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 20:31 +0000, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Saturday 18 December 2004 20:27, Rodolfo Grave wrote:
>
> > Hi and thanks once more.
> >
> > I moved the card around, and it kept the same IRQ. Then I went into
> > setup and changed it. This is the output of lspci -v now:
> >
> > 01:04.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Intel 537
> >          Subsystem: Unknown device 8085:0003
> >          Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 144, IRQ 5
> >          I/O ports at 4b00 [size=256]
> >          Memory at c0fdf000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
> >          Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
> >
> > That's not a shared IRQ. However, the problem remains. Just after one
> > min or so of executing modprobe wcfxo, the PC reboots.
> >
> > Any other ideas? This card worked great on another PC, so a hardware
> > missfunctioning is not a probable choice.
>
> Was the other PC the same architecture (CPU, m/b chipset)?
>
> It may be that your motherboard simply doesn't do what Asterisk needs (I've
> heard that VIA chipsets in particular can be a problem, Intel ones seem
> okay).

Previously it was posted quite a lot of good specs as to what was in
this computer. It listed a serverworks chipset. Add to it, IBM wouldn't
stoop to using a VIA chipset and I doubt it is the chipset having
trouble.

In this case, I am just about certain my favorite whipping boy problem
is the culpret. RedHat is not a good choice. Fedora Core SHOULD NOT BE
USED IN PRODUCTION. For the quick test, nuke the FC3 kernel and comile a
fresh kernel from kernel.org. If you problems go away, add Fedora core
to the doesn't work well with asterisk in stock config list.