[Asterisk-Users] modprobe wcfxo crashes my IBM NetFinity5000 after few seconds

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at Asterisk.Open.Source.IT
Sat Dec 18 13:31:15 MST 2004

On Saturday 18 December 2004 20:27, Rodolfo Grave wrote:

> Hi and thanks once more.
>
> I moved the card around, and it kept the same IRQ. Then I went into
> setup and changed it. This is the output of lspci -v now:
>
> 01:04.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Intel 537
>          Subsystem: Unknown device 8085:0003
>          Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 144, IRQ 5
>          I/O ports at 4b00 [size=256]
>          Memory at c0fdf000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
>          Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
>
> That's not a shared IRQ. However, the problem remains. Just after one
> min or so of executing modprobe wcfxo, the PC reboots.
>
> Any other ideas? This card worked great on another PC, so a hardware
> missfunctioning is not a probable choice.

Was the other PC the same architecture (CPU, m/b chipset)?

It may be that your motherboard simply doesn't do what Asterisk needs (I've
heard that VIA chipsets in particular can be a problem, Intel ones seem
okay).

Antony.

--
Bill Gates has personally assured the Spanish Academy that he will never allow
the upside-down question mark to disappear from Microsoft word-processing

 - Lynne Truss, "Eats, Shoots and Leaves"

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.