[Asterisk-Users] Re: VOIP Phone Suggestions

Jason Stewart jstewart at rtl.org
Fri Dec 17 07:51:55 MST 2004

On 15/12/04 22:53 -0600, Kevin Curtis wrote:
>    I would recommend Uniden UIP200 phones. Great sound quality with inbuilt
>    phone book, call logs etc works great with asterisk. I recently purchased
>    from [1]www.qualvoip.com (they also provided me sample configuration files
>    for asterisk).
>
>    Kevin

One gripe about these guys -
They clearly use * for their PBX product, which looks like it's not
much more than * with a web based config interface.

There's not one mention of * on their site!

No, there's nothing wrong with that legally but they should be giving
props to * instead of promoting it as "their" PBX software.

Instead of calling the product "The Asterisk Based PBX System" they
call it "The Open System Based PBX System". Are they afraid that
potential customers will discover * and try to do it on their own?

Jason