[Asterisk-Users] VOIP Phone Suggestions

TC trclark at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 17 10:14:03 MST 2004

>Polycom IP 600 , a Snom 220 , a Grandstream 102 and recently a Sayson 480i
phone. >I am interested in anyones opinions in the phone they suggest to
implement. I must >admit I am a little partial to the Sayson 480i , but if
there are convincing arguments >with regards to other models I would like to
hear them.
Yah i like the sayson 480i, for the future but right now today,
its missing some real key features in the firmware
1-the redial is hopelessly broken
2-no local directory on the phone
3-Icom btn does not do anything
4-no xml payload in the SIP header to configure the ui

All these features are slated for the next release of the firmware but id
venture this will
not be till Q2 05 or later

No doubt this phone with its attractive price pt will be a cisco/polycom
killer
when the firmware reaches maturity
I realy like the v67 firmware that give us 9 line appearances