[Asterisk-Users] VOIP Phone Suggestions

Don Dobry dondobry at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 09:58:35 MST 2004

I have two UIP200s at home and they work great for me...they do have superior sound qualit like they other user siad. Make sure you ask their tech support for the latest "test" release firmware which was 4.62h when I got it a few weeks ago.  Default firmware loaded on the phone has several compatibility issues with *. The new firmware supports phone book, call log, STUN (which you can use for NAT traversal) and fix all known * problems.

Don

Me <mylist at lightwavetech.com> wrote:
I have one but never was able to get it to ring with or without a NAT in front of it. Calls out worked fine.

There seemed to be only one person supporting this product at Uniden, he was very nice but after 4 or 5 calls I just gave up. The phone now collects dust on one of the desk in the office.

Also, I was told several times that the phone will not work at all behind a NAT. I tried it at the office where there is no NAT in between the phone and the * box but still could not get it to ring.

Todd

--
Start Your Own ISP!
http://www.YourOwnISP.com