[Asterisk-Users] working with big blocks of msn's

Sebastian Buntin asterisk at industreal.de
Thu Dec 16 12:04:56 MST 2004

Hi!

I have to Set up an asterisk Server with a Diva Server PRI E1-30M.
Capi, asterisk, etc. everythink works.
my problem is the handling of the MSN's.
say, we have the block (without area-code..) 4321-0 to 4321-4999
between this numbers (including em) every MSN is possible.
do I have to add all MSN's i need (several hundrets) to the capi.conf?

then the routing to SIP-Phones shall be based on the MSN-Configuration.

means, if someone dials 4321-1000 the call shall go to SIP/boss
and 4321-1001 to SIP/secretary
and so on.

is this "just" by adding an
exten => 1000,1,Dial(SIP/boss)
to the context set in the /etc/asterisk/capi.conf?

and what to do, so that, if the boss calls out the MSN of the secretary
is shown?
and if the secretary calls out also their MSN is shown?

thank you for helping!

Sebastian