[Asterisk-Users] working with big blocks of msn's

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Thu Dec 16 12:22:19 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 19:04, Sebastian Buntin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have to Set up an asterisk Server with a Diva Server PRI E1-30M.
> Capi, asterisk, etc. everythink works.
> my problem is the handling of the MSN's.
> say, we have the block (without area-code..) 4321-0 to 4321-4999
> between this numbers (including em) every MSN is possible.
> do I have to add all MSN's i need (several hundrets) to the capi.conf?

No, you add the following lines instead:
incomingmsg=*
msn=4321
isdnmode=ptp

incomingmsn or msn in capi.conf would not work with more than 5 or 6
numbers. Anyhow this is actually in the common sample of capi.conf.
Please check that again.

> then the routing to SIP-Phones shall be based on the MSN-Configuration.
>
> means, if someone dials 4321-1000 the call shall go to SIP/boss
> and 4321-1001 to SIP/secretary
> and so on.
>
> is this "just" by adding an
> exten => 1000,1,Dial(SIP/boss)
> to the context set in the /etc/asterisk/capi.conf?

context in capi.conf only points to a context in extensions.conf
The "exten =>" line goes into the context in extensions.conf

> and what to do, so that, if the boss calls out the MSN of the secretary
> is shown?
> and if the secretary calls out also their MSN is shown?

exten _XXX.,1,Dial(CAPI/YYYYYYYY:${EXTEN})

Where YYYYYYYY is the MSN you want to dial (including prefix here).

Slán leat,
Martin List-Petersen
Dublin, Eire
(contact info on --> http://www.marlow.dk/)