[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Notify exchanges on port 1024 and 1040 - Normal ?

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Wed Dec 15 08:26:01 MST 2004

GRD wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've 3 * boxes connected with IAX2. Everything was working correctly and
> since few days, after upgrading them to Asterisk 1.02, i started  seeing
> IAX2 notify messages excahnges on port number 1024 and 1040 in addition to
> the specific 4569 iax2 port, is that normal ?
>
> All call between * boxes are rejected with "NO SUCH EXTENSION or CONTEXT"
> message,
>
> I've checked  my iax.conf on each * boxes and all seems to be normal !!

Packets have a source IP address, source port, destinations IP address
and destination port.

When you do an "iax2 show peers" you are seeing the SOURCE IP/port in
the list.  There is a NAT router that is modifying the source IP address
and source port.  This is command and has nothing to do with the error
you are seeing.  Generally nobody cares what the source port is.

Here is more information on NAT and source port changes:
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/4625

--Eric

--
I am seeking part or full time employment in the Greater Toronto Area,
My preference is part time employment with some telecommuting, but all