[Asterisk-Users] can a TDM400P FXS drop voltage on hangup?

Warren Burstein warren at softov.co.il
Sun Dec 12 05:34:16 MST 2004

I thought I had posted this, but I didn't see it in the archives, so I guess
I hadn't.

I've got FXS lines going to a legacy IVR.  When I Dial into one of these
lines and then hang up, FXS plays the Congestion tone until the IVR drops
voltage.   I would like the IVR to hang up sooner.  I could do this by
either making the IVR recognize the standard Congestion tone, or changing
the Congestion tone to be one that the IVR already recognizes (by the way, I
was surprised to find that Zap tones are compiled in, not in
indications.conf - any thought of changing this (with backward
compatability, of course)?  I might be able to do this myself).

But if I could get the FXS to drop voltage instead of play Congestion (or a
second of Congestion in case a person is listening, and then drop voltage)
that would be even simpler.  But can I make that happen, and how?

thanks