[Asterisk-Users] RE: Voice Prompt Info

Warren Burstein warren at softov.co.il
Sun Dec 12 05:26:28 MST 2004

Ariel Batista wrote:

> Warren Burstein wrote:
>> One more thing about prompts, it's better to say "for sales press 5"
>> than "press 5 for sales", because by the time you hear "sales" you've
>> already forgotten what number it was.
>
> If you add the sounds all you need is For Sales recorded the new sounds
> have press # already. So you don't need to get any additional recorded
> items except the one that says "For Sales" by Allison. If you want have
> her record "Press" as an additional recorded item.

She already did a message containing just "press", sounds/vm-press.gsm in
asterisk-1.0.0 (not asterisk-sounds).

I was thinking about a project I have to bring up very soon won't be time to
wait for new recordings, so we are going to record the messages ourselves,
but yeah, if we're making messages for everyone to use, we already have
"press" and "press 1".

Anyway, the departments we need are support, sales, projects. systems, and
operator.  There already is

%for-tech-support.gsm%For technical support
%to-reach-operator.gsm%to reach an operator

so all we would like to add is sales, projects, and systems.  Maybe so all
the messages are similar, add "for an operator" as well.

Although we might decide to stick with our own recordings, in case later we
need to change a message ASAP.