[Asterisk-Users] Forward voicemail to *remote* voice mailbox?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Thu Dec 9 18:20:18 MST 2004

Hadar Pedhazur wrote:
> Brian Capouch wrote:
>
>>I've googled a bunch and looked at the Wiki, but so far if it's
>>out there I can't find it.
>>
>>I would like for a user to be able to forward to a remote
>>mailbox, if that can be done without any AGI-ish fancies.
>>
>>I'm going to bet that it can't be done with standard dialplan
>>logic, but thought I would ask here before starting to think up
>>something as an alternative.
>
> Yes, it can be done easily, I do it all the time.

I'm afraid I didn't make myself plain; the function I was looking for
was to do that forward as a "voicemail forward" ('Press 8 to forward
this mail to another user").

The idea is that I have a local voicemail store and an "archive" store
on another machine somewhere.  I'm storing voicemails on a ramdisk, and
want the user to be able to get the message onto non-volatile storage.

Thx.

B.