[Asterisk-Users] Forward voicemail to *remote* voice mailbox?

Hadar Pedhazur hadar at unorthodox.com
Thu Dec 9 15:13:40 MST 2004

Brian Capouch wrote:
> I've googled a bunch and looked at the Wiki, but so far if it's
> out there I can't find it.
>
> I would like for a user to be able to forward to a remote
> mailbox, if that can be done without any AGI-ish fancies.
>
> I'm going to bet that it can't be done with standard dialplan
> logic, but thought I would ask here before starting to think up
> something as an alternative.

Howdy Brian, very long time no speak :-)

Yes, it can be done easily, I do it all the time.

Here is my macro for doing voicemail on my "local" servers, which
really want to leave the voicemail on my "main" server:

[macro-pbxvm];
exten => s,1,Dial(${PBX4ALL}/${ARG2},10); OK, save the voicemail there
exten => s,2,Voicemail(u${ARG1})        ; PBX timed out, save it
here...
exten => s,3,Hangup                     ; We're done

The variable PBX4ALL defines a standard "IAX2/foo at bar" thingy, and
ARG2 is the correct mailbox to dial on the other end. If it can't get
through, it leaves the vm on the local server.

On the other end, there is a specific extension (for each person)
which goes directly to vm.

Hope this helps!