[Asterisk-Users] Spandsp - Libtiff problem

HO SIN hosin_8888 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 15:00:51 MST 2004

Hi

I think Simon's comment might be correct, but Sofiane's case seems only a issue of inclusion and linking of libraries.

1. "rpm -q libtiff" does not change even after installation of new libtiff from scratch since rpm registry tree does not affect in this case, unless you compile a new RPM package from that tarball and install from that new .rpm file, not by "make install".   Try to remove RPM package of libtiff if you don't want to see the old version names.   rpm -e libtiff<whatsoever>

2. make sure you compiled the correct version of libtiff.   Steve clearly mentions that "Versions 3.5.7 and 3.6.0 seem to work OK." in his instruction page of spandsp.
http://www.opencall.org/installing-spandsp.html

3. libtiff, with its default makefile, will be installed under /usr/local/lib/ , and spandsp's default look-in library path is /usr/lib.    so do "ln -s /usr/local/lib/libtiff<whatsoever>  /usr/lib/libtiff<whatsoever>".    You can either change the default installation directory of libtiff or modify spandsp's look-in library directory in Makefile, but I though it is easier.

goodluck

HOSIN

Sofiane Sakhri <ssakhri at yahoo.fr> wrote:

Hello all,

I use Fedora 3, and I have compilation problem of SpanDsp , when installaing spandsp, tiff warnings and errors generated and libunicall generate "unresolved references....."

Is the problem in my libtiff installation, spandsp.h or in tif_dir.h and tiffiop.h?

Are tif_dir.h and tiffiop.h#63728; too old?

The solution provided by “HO SIN” to “Kaws” :

>>> recompile libtiff from the downloaded tarball ,

When I recompile the libtiff , and execute “rpm –q libtiff” , it always give the old version and the problem not resolved yet,

>>> so you will need to link /usr/lib/libtiff staff to /usr/local/lib/libtiff staff.

How to link : is it “ln /usr/lib/libtiff #63728;/usr/local/lib/libtiff”

Or “ln /usr/local/lib/libtiff #63728;#63728;/usr/lib/libtiff”

Or other link method

Have Steve released the updated version of “patch for new asterisk versions” and “L” problem for making asterisk ?

Thanks

Sofiane

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: