[Asterisk-Users] Spandsp - Libtiff problem

Simon Richter Simon.Richter at eyepy.de
Wed Dec 8 03:47:53 MST 2004

Hi,

> I use Fedora 3, and I have compilation problem of SpanDsp , when
> installaing spandsp, tiff warnings and errors generated and libunicall
> generate "unresolved references....."

Which is the same reason why spandsp is not packaged for Debian yet. The
"p" in "tiffiop.h" means private, i.e. the t4.c and t30.c files use
internal knowledge about libtiff's data structures that may (and
actually do) change between versions. I have successfully compiled a
working version for libtiff.so.3, however the current version is 4 and
the tiffiop.h header shipped with that version has changed too much.

The correct solution, obviously, would be to use only public API calls.
I am basically willing to do the work, however I lack the necessary
insight into libtiff and the fax protocol to understand what spandsp is
doing here (it looks to me as if a certain processing step in libtiff
needs to be skipped).

    Simon