[Asterisk-Users] How to demo the Power of Asterisk

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Thu Dec 9 03:07:01 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 02:49, David Uzzell wrote:
> Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> > I've been setting * at home just to train myself with it. Here is what I
> > have:
> >
> > - IVR menu
> > - music on hold / transfer
> > - voicemail
> > - transparent Zap or IAX routing
> > - I can call home, dial a pin and make long distance call through IAX
> >

> It would be great if you could share with the rest of us newbie type
> people some of your extensions.conf and iax.conf to do things especially
> like the last one were you can dial in and pin and make long distance
> calls. This does very much intrest me especially :)

Another newbie one.

I have 2 IP phones and Asterisk on a small test LAN.

The phones register with * OK and from one I can call the other and it
rings, but when the callee answers the RTP session consists of data
streams from both phones direct to * with nothing going from * to the
phones.  Consequently - no sound.

I would have expected the SIP session to have allowed the phones to sort
out that they should be talking with each other.

Could this be a config problem in * or in the phones.

BTW the phones are a non-brand but appear to have quite extensive
configurability - if you can understand the manual.

> Cheers
>
> David
>

> > I have just been *scratching* the surface of * but I'm already puzzled
> > with its power...
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jean-Michel.

Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;
Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>
"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."