[Asterisk-Users] How to demo the Power of Asterisk

Paul Rodan asterisk at glitch.cc
Thu Dec 9 07:50:00 MST 2004

What sells our clients in our Demo room is that we have a Cisco 7960/7940,
Polycom IP500, IP600, a GrandStream BudgeTone 101 and of course a laptop
with FireFly on it. They love to see how all the different phones can
integrate. It shows them that they're not locked down to one model phone
always, they can experiment with new phones and features and interfaces.
They love it.

Another thing is we have each phone on an extension of course, but we also
setup a hunt group, a call group, an extension that rings 1 phone for a few
rings then rings all the others after no answer (secretary first, then the
office can help if they're too busy), etc. it gives them an idea of just how
configurable the extensions are. I also have an extension that can
dynamically turn on and off a little demo IVR we have setup. Clients have
used this to turn on/off the IVR, or activate an after hours voicemail, etc.