[Asterisk-Users] How to demo the Power of Asterisk

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Thu Dec 9 01:05:25 MST 2004

David Uzzell wrote:
> It would be great if you could share with the rest of us newbie type
> people some of your extensions.conf and iax.conf to do things especially
> like the last one were you can dial in and pin and make long distance
> calls. This does very much intrest me especially :)
>
> Cheers
>
> David

David,

	That was not my post, but here is a good way to do DISA:

[disa]
exten => 1000,1,Read(FROMEXT,vm-extension,4)
exten => 1000,2,DBget(EXTPASS=DISAPass/${FROMEXT})
exten => 1000,3,Authenticate(${EXTPASS})
exten => 1000,4,DigitTimeout,5
exten => 1000,5,ResponseTimeout,5
exten => 1000,6,DISA,no-password|friends
exten => 1000,103,Playback(invalid)
exten => 1000,104,Goto(default,s,1)

If you include this context in default (or whatever context for incoming
calls), you could dial extension 1000.

You would get prompted for your extension (this case 4 digits, change to
whatever your extensions are).
You would be prompted for your 4 digit pin.
You would then get a dial tone.  You could dial out to wherever you
needed to go in the "friends" context.  Change this to match your
"internal" context, i.e. the context your SIP phones, etc. would have.

You will need to know a bit about the Asterisk DB, etc. to use this, but
that info is over at the Wiki.

--
Kristian Kielhofner