[Asterisk-Users] PRI errors

Andrew McRory amcrory at linuxsys.com
Wed Dec 8 09:51:04 MST 2004

> On December 7, 2004 11:42 am, Andrew McRory wrote:
> > For a few weeks we have been getting errors that drop our PRI. The telco
> > says the the line is clean and that our equipment is the problem. We're
> > currently running "Asterisk CVS-HEAD-12/03/04" but several versions
> > have been tried in an attempt to fix the problem.
>
> Have you gone back to the version that was known stable?

yes

> Also have you run zttest (you have to build this explicitly in the zaptel
> directory)?  What's it showing for accuracy?  Can you get it to run while
> this problem is occurring?

--- Results after 353 passes ---
Best: 100.000000 -- Worst: 99.975586

The line dropped twice while this test was going on. accuracy stayed the
same during the drop. got 99.975586 only when I ran "updatedb"

> What distribution, which kernel?  Has anything about these boxes changed in
> the last while that you can think of?  Software updates of any kind?

It's running Fedora Core 1, 2.4.22 based on the nptl src.rpm. No
significant change. seems to have the same problem regardless of asterisk
version I run so I've stayed with the current CVS.

Andrew