[Asterisk-Users] pc

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Wed Dec 8 09:51:50 MST 2004

Hi Shoval -

> I'm going to install asterisk with four digium cards.
> Can anyone mention a brand that carries boards with 4 compatible pci
> slots?

I ended up getting a Dell PE1600SC.  It is a tower computer with 6 PCI
slots (2 32-bit, 2 PCI-X, 2 64-bit), but it can be rack-mounted with a
special kit from Dell.  It does take 4 rack spaces when mounted, but if
you have the space, it is the most PCI slots in a single, commercially
available, rack-mounted server that I could find.  All of the PCI slots
seem to work fine with Digium cards we currently have - TE410P and
TDM400.

Thanks,
Noah