[Asterisk-Users] Are there any digital phones that runon asteriskyet?

John Harragin jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us
Wed Dec 8 09:48:52 MST 2004

>I hear ya. I guess what I was getting at was that I couldn't see much
> hope of getting Asterisk to natively support proprietary sets,

It is not that I want to use proprietary phones, I want the benefits that
native digital phones will provide. This will allow Asterisk to work more
effectively in office environments. As to the quad or octo BRI ports, I'm
looking for more phone density like at least 24 per pci slot (~96 would be
ideal) - this might require a breakout box with some circuitry like a power
bus for the desk-sets.

> but if he was really keen on re-using the phones (a major expenditure in a
> PBX purchase)

I'm not keen to re-use the phones. Right now my stradigy is to keep all of my
old stuff going until the availability of these phones occurs. I expect we'll
be purchasing hundreds when that happens. How's that for a bounty? (Not much
really - because I think this marked will be enormous. That is the bounty.)

John