[Asterisk-Users] two questions

Michael Vogel icarus at dabo.de
Wed Dec 8 08:29:03 MST 2004

Christopher L. Wade schrieb:

> Please understand that Digium (Mark) is the reason * exists.

That's clear to me.

> Selling a $10 winmodem for $80 is the reason Digium exists.

But the difference between $10 and $80 is really to much for me for just
playing around like I'm doing with asterisk. If I would use it in a
productive system - like at work - it would be no problem. But at home?
No. I would buy an original Digium card when a X100P card would cost
maybe $20 for non commercial usage and in low quantities. (And then
without commercial support)

> Digium's existence is the reason Mark can eat while he's coding for
> *. Mark being able to code * while he eats is the reason * is such a
> great project. Way to go Mark, et. al. (even the ones who don't get
> paid to eat while coding :)

I surely understand that. I'm working as a programmer as well. There
must be a way to get the money you need. Via software or via hardware.

But I wouldn't bought asterisk if it wasn't free. Then I had bought a
simple SIP-adapter and had connected it with my phone.

Bye!

Michael