[Asterisk-Users] CPC, Calling Party Control, Disconnect supervision, -- how to tell that to Verizon (east coast)?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Dec 8 06:27:12 MST 2004

> > > I would be grateful if anybody could tell me what I should
> > > tell Verizon
> > > in NJ so they would enable "disconnect supervision" for my lines.
> > >
> > > Apparently "remote hangup notification" or "disconnect
> > supervision" or
> > > "calling party control" is NOT the magic phrase for them. Although
> > > disconnect supervision is in the glossary on their website.
>
> This may be off topic for this post, but I'm having a similar issue with
> Sprint. I finally did get disconnect supervision turned on (for an extra
> $5/month), but don't have answer supervision. Even though the remote party
> answers and we can converse, Asterisk doesn't know the call was answered and
> will time out after a short period. Any suggestions? Sprint has now closed
> out three tickets with no resolution.

On the surface, that sounds like an * problem, not sprint.

What are you using to interface to sprint (analog, bri, T1), which
cards in your * box (and associated config files)?

A fairly standard telco operating approach is _not_ to provide any answer
supervision, and * works just fine without it for lots of folks.