[Asterisk-Users] CPC, Calling Party Control, Disconnect supervision, -- how to tell that to Verizon (east coast)?

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Dec 8 08:11:50 MST 2004

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Rich Adamson wrote:

> A fairly standard telco operating approach is _not_ to provide any answer
> supervision, and * works just fine without it for lots of folks.

Answer supervision allows you to dial several recipients at the same time
and bridge the first one to answer. Nice, but not essential.

In Sweden answer and disconnect supervision are standard on pots lines. I
don't know if they can be turned off. I think there is an open ticket in
the bug tracker regarding something similar.

Peter