[Asterisk-Users] CPC, Calling Party Control, Disconnect supervision, -- how to tell that to Verizon (east coast)?

Reid Forrest rforrest at max-is.net
Wed Dec 8 06:02:16 MST 2004

> > I would be grateful if anybody could tell me what I should
> > tell Verizon
> > in NJ so they would enable "disconnect supervision" for my lines.
> >
> > Apparently "remote hangup notification" or "disconnect
> supervision" or
> > "calling party control" is NOT the magic phrase for them. Although
> > disconnect supervision is in the glossary on their website.

This may be off topic for this post, but I'm having a similar issue with
Sprint. I finally did get disconnect supervision turned on (for an extra
$5/month), but don't have answer supervision. Even though the remote party
answers and we can converse, Asterisk doesn't know the call was answered and
will time out after a short period. Any suggestions? Sprint has now closed
out three tickets with no resolution.