[Asterisk-Users] Dropped calls on IAX connection

support at biz4web.com support at biz4web.com
Wed Dec 8 03:03:10 MST 2004

I am having lots of problems with dropped calls from my asterisk.

My Setup is:

Dell PowerEdge 1750 with 2.4Ghz Single Zeon
1GB Ram
2 x 36 GB SCSI Drives
The server is co-located

I connect to my providers via uLaw and IAX2.

My remote users are mainly are IAX2 softphone users.

I also have a DDI where I can dial in Enter my Extension and PIN# to make
international calls.

The Problem:

Calls are dropping in the middle of conversations when

1) dialling in to the server via and making calls
2) Iax2 to Iax2 calls
3) Iax2 to PSTN calls

The calls are dropped anytime after a few seconds to a few minutes.  On
the CLI sometimes I see calls hangup after a failed attempt to do a
"native bridge"

Can anyone offer any suggestions here?

Thanx in advance

Errol