[Asterisk-Users] SIP URLs

Alex Barnes abarnes at ubiquitysoftware.com
Wed Dec 8 03:23:44 MST 2004

The reason its probably not working is because your Xlite is sending the
request to the Asterisk.
The Asterisk isn't a SIP proxy hence all it does is see if it recognises
the addressee.

You either need a proxy in the middle of your SIP UA's and the Asterisk
or more simply (if u have only a few UA's) do not set an outbound proxy
address.
The support for this differs greatly from SIP UA to SIP UA, for instance
some require it.
Also some phones have dial plans that can be setup to make life of the
user much eaiser.
e.g. 6XXX always gets sent to <IP of *> or unless a domain part has been
explicitly entered.

If your phones / UA's can't do this then you will be stuck dialing the
full asterisk IP / DNS name every time you call.

If a SIP proxy sounds like your best bet then "SER" gets banded around
the mailing list very often tho I cannot atest to it personally.

Cheers

Alex

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.  If you are not the addressee, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.